To Share Positive Outcomes Together with kids and their families in Wilson through academic enrichment, social immersion, and health programs.
To prepare the students in Wilson County for the 21st century landscape through comprehensive out of school time programs with an emphasis on academics, health, and emotional well-being.
The SPOT program offers a structured and safe environment for at-risk youth to thrive after
school and during the summer. Our team of experienced staff provides academic support, life
skills training, sports, and fun activities to keep our participants and their families engaged and
motivated throughout the year. There are 165-200 kids daily that attend year-round.
1. Our Truist building is a 30,000 sq ft building with 3 floors and accommodates staff
offices and classrooms.
2. The Marvin Coghill Auditorium is an attached 10,000 sq ft wing that can host programs,
trainings, and lectures for over 150 people. It can be used for many indoor sports. This
space also includes a fitness center with over 15 exercise and cardio machines for the
kids and their families.
3. The Dale Bone gymnasium hosts basketball, volleyball, kickball and all the indoor
4. The “Genia Bone Esports Room includes video games, virtual consoles and a computer-
based gaming arena.
5. The outdoor covered multipurpose court accommodates most all sports including
basketball, In-line hockey, pickleball, volleyball, as well as an outdoor eating and social
6. Our commercial grade kitchen serves food daily to all the kids and during COVID
provided over 250,000 meals to families in need in Wilson County.
7. Our transportation department consists of 3 school buses and 2 shuttle buses that
transport the children daily from Wilson County Schools and home to their residences.
The SPOT After-School Programs:
1. The SPOT After-school programs provide a safe environment with academic support and
resources to help students with their homework and core subjects. Technology is
integrated within all SPOT programs. This program provides a free nutritious supper for
all participants and weekend meals are provided for our most food insecure families. No
kid should ever be hungry in Wilson County. This is our goal each year.
The SPOT Summer Camp Programs:
1. Outdoor activities: The SPOT Summer camp offers a variety of activities, such as biking,
kayaking, swimming, hiking and sports.
2. The SPOT summer camp is an activity-based learning environment designed to prevent
learning loss through fun academic engagement and field trips. The students receive free
school breakfast and lunch.